FERC has approved Enbridge’s request to proceed with construction and use the following facilities in Connecticut as part of the Atlantic Bridge Project.
- Southeast Discharge Take-up and Relay Station Numbers 0+00 to 32+74, 39+73 to 75+95, and 79+09 to 122
- Danbury Meter Station
- Mill Plain Road, Lee Farm, and Algonquin Cheshire Yards
Once completed, the Atlantic Bridge Project will provide additional capacity on Enbridge’s Algonquin Gas Transmission and Maritimes & Northeast Pipeline systems to move reliable, economical natural gas into New England and to specific end use markets in the Canadian Maritime provinces.
The project consists of:
- Construction of approximately 6.3 miles of 42-inch diameter mainline take-up and relay pipeline within Algonquin’s existing footprint in New York and Connecticut
- Construction of a new compressor station with 7,700 horsepower in Weymouth, Massachusetts
- Addition of two new compressor units, for a total of 14,000 additional horsepower, at two existing compressor stations in Connecticut
- Replacement of two existing compressor units, for a total of 1,500 additional horsepower, at an existing compressor station in Connecticut
- Uprate capacity in one compressor unit, for a total of 3,300 additional horsepower, at an existing compressor station in New York
- Construction of a new meter station in Connecticut and modifications to existing meter stations in New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Maine
The project is expected to be in service in November 2017.