FERC has approved the following Williams’ requests in Pennsylvania for the Atlantic Sunrise pipeline project:
- To construct the Central Penn Line North Pipeline
- To construct the Central Penn Line South Pipeline
- To construct Meter and Regulatory Stations,
- To use contractor yards, including the new High Ridge Contractor Yard in Schuylkill County, Pa.
The Atlantic Sunrise pipeline project includes the following:
- Approximately 183 miles of new greenfield pipe (Central Penn North & Central Penn South)
- Two pipeline loops totaling about 12 miles (Chapman Loop, Unity Loop)
Two and half miles of existing pipeline replacement
- Two new compressor facilities in Pennsylvania
- Other facility additions or modifications in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina
Once finished, the project will add 1.7 million Dth/d of pipeline capacity to Williams’ Transco system, and is expected to be placed in service in 2018.