FERC has approved Dominion Carolina Gas Transmission, LLC’s request to commence service of the Transco to Charleston Project in Spartanburg, Laurens, Newberry, Greenwood, Dillon, Dorchester, Aiken, and Charleston Counties, South Carolina.
According to FERC’s Rich McGuire, rehabilitation and stabilization of the construction workspaces is proceeding satisfactorily, and Dominion has committed to complete the remaining restoration activities and file bi-weekly status reports until all restoration activities are complete.
The Transco to Charleston Project included the construction and operation of the following facilities:
- Approximately 55 miles of 12-inch-diameter natural gas pipeline extending from interconnection with Transco at Moore, South Carolina through Spartanburg, Laurens, Newberry, and Greenwood Counties, South Carolina (Moore to Chappells Pipeline)
- Approximately five miles of 4-inch-diameter pipeline in Dillon County, South Carolina (Dillon Pipeline)
- A new compressor station with three 1,200 horsepower (hp) compressor units5 approximately two miles northeast of St. George in Dorchester County, South Carolina (Dorchester Compressor Station)
- Two 1,400 hp compressor units and additional gas cooling units at the existing Moore Compressor Station in Spartanburg County, South Carolina
- One new metering and regulating station and one new regulating station on the Moore to Chappells Pipeline in Moore and Chappells, South Carolina, and one new measurement station on the Dillon Pipeline in Dillon County, South Carolina
- Eleven mainline valves on the Moore to Chappells Pipeline, one mainline valve on the Line N pipeline at the Chappells Tie-in, and one mainline valve at the beginning of the Dillon Pipeline at the Reedy Creek Take-off
- One pig launcher assembly at the beginning of the Moore to Chappells Pipeline within the Moore Purchase facility in Moore, South Carolina, and one pig receiver assembly with an over-pressure protection system at the Chappells Tie-in in Chappells, South Carolina
- One over-pressure protection system, controls, and upgrades at the existing Charleston Town Border Station in Charleston County, South Carolina
- One over-pressure protection system, controls, and upgrades at the existing Greenwood Town Border Station in Greenwood County, South Carolina
- Two interconnects on the Moore to Chappells Pipeline and one interconnect at the terminus of the Dillon Pipeline
Now complete, the Transco to Charleston Project will allow Dominion to provide 80,000 Dth/d of firm transportation service to local distribution, power generation and industrial customers.