FERC has approved TransCanada’s request to commence construction of the Wisconsin South Expansion Project.
The Wisconsin South Expansion Project consists of the following:
- Installation of one new 6,130-horsepower (HP) Solar Centaur 50 compressor unit at the existing Sandwich Compressor Station in Kendall County, Illinois
- Increasing capacity of the existing Hampshire Meter Station in Kane County, Illinois from the current 304,475 dekatherms per day (Dth/d) to approximately 507,458 Dth/d
- Replacing the existing 0.54-mile-long Line 332 Lateral located in Kane County, Illinois
- Increasing capacity of the existing Tiffany East Meter Station in Rock County, Wisconsin from the current 119,760 Dth/d to approximately 240,535 Dth/d
- Restaging the existing Saturn 10 turbine compressor unit at the Kewaskum Compressor Station in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin.
Once completed, the Wisconsin South Expansion Project will add 230,950 Dth/d to TransCanada’s system. It is expected to be placed in service in November 2018.