Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers conducted its largest Canadian auction of 2014 at its permanent auction site in Edmonton, AB on April 23-25, 2014. More than 5,350 equipment items and trucks were listed to be sold in the unreserved public auction—the most of any Ritchie Bros. auction in Canada so far this year. General equipment highlights included: 170 compactors, 150+ excavators, 130+ crawler tractors, 80+ articulated dump trucks, 60+ loaders, 60+ skid steer loaders, 45+ agricultural tractors, 75+ boom lifts, 35+ scissor lifts, 120+ truck tractors, 125+ recreational items and much more.
Specific equipment highlights in the Edmonton, AB auction included:
- Two 2012 Caterpillar D11T crawler tractors
- Four Volvo A40F articulated dump trucks
- Four Caterpillar 621G motor scrapers
- A Caterpillar RM500 4x4x4 pulvimixer
- A 2012 Caterpillar 980H MH wheel loader
- Five Caterpillar 14M motor graders
- A 2013 Komatsu PC490LC-10 hydraulic excavator
- 14 2012 Terex TA400 Generation 9 6×6 articulated dump trucks
- A 2013 Western Star 4900SA T/A tri-drive 50-ton boom truck
- An unused 2013 Kenworth T800 T/A sleeper winch truck
- A 2007 Robinson R44 Raven II helicopter
- A Piper PA31-325 CR Navajo twin engine aircraft
Equipment in the auction was sold for 650+ sellers, including more than 60 pieces of heavy construction equipment for Lakeshore Contracting Ltd., an oilfield construction company based in Fort MacMurray, AB.